Kalas, LLC (“Kalas”) operates Kalasware.com and may operate other websites. It is Kalas’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Kalas collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Kalas’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Kalas’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Kalas may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Kalas also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on Kalasware.com blogs/sites. Kalas only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Kalas’ websites choose to interact with Kalas in ways that require Kalas to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Kalas gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at Kalasware.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Kalas are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Kalas collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Kalas. Kalas does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Kalas may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Kalas may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Kalas does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Kalas discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Kalas’ behalf or to provide services available at Kalas’ websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Kalas’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Kalas will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Kalas discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Kalas believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Kalas, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Kalas website and have supplied your email address, Kalas may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Kalas and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Kalas takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- CORPORATE AFFILIATES. The Company may share certain personal information with its affiliates or joint venture partners.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- SOCIAL NETWORKS, WIDGETS, AND PLUG-INS. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party, it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- THE PUBLIC. We may share the personal information that you submit through one of our interactive services, like Ratings & Reviews, with the general public or our affiliates.
- OTHER INSTANCES. We may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
- BUSINESS TRANSITION. We may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of We, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. We may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
We may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- AGGREGATE INFORMATION. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- BEHAVIORAL-BASED ADVERTISING. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We generally use your information to:
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Services
- Communicate with you about your use of the Services;
- Develop new products and services;
- Customize the advertising you view and recommend content;
- Fulfill your requests;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and promotional materials related to the Services and for other marketing purposes using your contact information;
- Track your purchase history;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users; and
We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records. We may also use your information to verify your geographic location (for example, latitude, longitude, zip code, city, state, province, country). We may use your geographic location data to personalize our Service, to measure the success of our Service, to recommend content, and/or determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location.
If Kalas, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Kalas goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Kalas may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com.